- Carlos Township was incorporated in 1870.
- Carlos Township has 30.1 square miles of land area and 5.3 square miles of water area.
- The Township has 76 miles of roads.
- The Township encompasses Lake Carlos and Lake Le Homme Dieu, which are both part of the Chain of Lakes.
- The Township has a municipal tax base of $491,302,800.
- The average cost per home in Carlos Township is $275,124.
- The median household income is $64,460.
- As of the 2017 Township Election, there were 1,547 registered voters. That is a decrease from the General Election held in 2016 of 1,643 voters.
Township meetings are held the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of each month except November and December. Due to the holidays, the Board will meet once during these months on the 2nd Thursday. Meetings are held at 7:00 PM at the Carlos Elementary School. The public is welcome to attend. If you have an issue that needs to be addressed, please contact the clerk by the Saturday before the meeting, and she will place you on the agenda.
Township Election 2017: Of the 78 ballots cast, Dean Yohnke was re-elected for the 2-year Treasurer’s office with 76 votes. Rodney Meyers was re-elected for the 3-year Supervisor office with 76 votes. Dwayne Waldorf received 1 write in vote. The townspeople set the levy for 2018 at the annual meeting that immediately followed the election.
Snow Removal: At the townboard meeting held on January 27, 2011, it was decided that if there is less than 2 inches of snowfall, the road maintainer will not be plowing snow.